Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fixed Opportunities Part 2: My list

I looked around the office and discovered all these "fixed opportunities" in just a few minutes:
  • Stack of Post-its covering an annoying green light below my monitor.
  • Door trim notched out to accomodate the wall-mounted door stop.
  • Guy's monitor behind me has three Post-its stuck to it each with a unique limitation of the internal software scrawled on it.
  • My own desk is covered with notes documenting info that software forces me to remember rather than simply taking care of it for me.
  • Another coworker has numerous Post-its all over her desk reminding her of various systems failures. My personal favorite is pictured here.
  • Hood vent in the break room with tape over one switch and a tiny sign below it that reads "If you burn popcorn, please turn on the exhaust fan, which is switched to the left of the coffeepots."
  • Coffeepot with blue tape on the handle for "decaf"
  • Paper towels under the automatic soap dispenser in the bathroom to catch errant soap (be careful taking pictures in the bathroom)
  • Printer with those label maker notes all over it explaining operation and cleaning
  • And on my way home, I noticed the dashboard where I had shoved a folded up piece of paper in the corner to dampen an annoying clicking sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment